Treating and preventing child
abuse and neglect
To prevent and treat child abuse and neglect.
All kids have a safe and happy childhood, free from abuse and neglect.
We are a professional, ethical team who is caring, courageous and collaborative.
Help us support children in need.
Child abuse and neglect is one of Australia’s biggest and most misunderstood social problems. Our specialist teams support children, young people and families across the whole spectrum of child protection from community education programs to tertiary services.
We recently opened the doors to our new Act for Kids centre in Broadmeadows Victoria which provides an integrated therapy service so kids can overcome experiences and challenged to reach their full potential. In the new centre, we have a specialised team of psychologists, speech and language pathologists and occupational therapists to assist in conducting assessments and developing personalised treatment plans for each child.
Act for Kids are proud to offer the following services in our new centre in Broadmeadows:
• Providing a safe place for children to express and process difficult thoughts and feelings;
• Giving children the opportunity to explore the impact of their experiences;
• Supporting children and young people to develop skills in managing difficult feelings;
• Empowering parents/carers to help them deal with the child’s challenges;
• Our brand new centre in Broadmeadows would not be able to provide these amazing services to children, young people and families if it wasn’t for your generosity.